Call us on 09 298 7288


Why do i need a land surveyor?

A licenced cadastral surveyor is the only person who is authorised to undertake Land Transfer surveys so new titles for land can issue.

 when do i need a land surveyor

A land surveyor is required for the accurate location of survey pegs which define your legal land boundry.  So, if you want build a fence, or build a new house the very first thing you need to do is know is the exactly which part of the land you own.


Can I subdivide my property?

To be able to subdivide a property there are many issues that need to be considered. It will depend on the District Plan zoning of the property, the area of the property, the location of existing buildings as well as provision of drainage and the necessary service infrastructure.  You should consult with us at an early stage, especially if you are thinking of buying a property for development.


When do I need a resource consent?

District or Regional plans set out situations or activities which require resource consents when dealing with land or land use. It lists permitted activities which you can do as of right, but when certain thresholds are reached then a land use consent maybe required; examples of this could be undertaking earthworks, or building location or even type of activity within a particular zone. A subdivision consent is a form of resource consent when division of land is undertaken, either by freehold subdivision, boundary adjustment, crosslease or Unit Title creation. If developing a site then sometimes an integrated subdivision and land use consent is required.


How long does a resource consent last?

The length of a consent can vary, but in most instances and unless specified it will last 5 years. Conditions of consent must be completed within this time or it will lapse.


What is a 223 certificate for a subdivision?

This is a certificate under section 223 of the resource Management Act 1991 and is signed by Council certifying  that the Land Transfer plan is in accordance with the approved resource consent.


What is a 224c certificate for a subdivision.

This is a certificate under section 224 of the resource Management Act 1991 and is signed by Council certifying  that all the conditions of a resource consent have been met. This is needed before new Certificates of Title can be issued.




Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/vhosts/ in Unknown on line 0